Cond. Formtatting when adding nr.

bullit_nl

Hello,

Is it possible to use Conditional Formatting if i do a plus or minus on a value?

Example:

I have numbers in cells B11:B15. If i wanna change a numebr in one of the cells i type: ="original number"+"new number". When i do that i want the color of the cell changed.

Any idea?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
What I have done to accomplish this, and it may be the long way around but it does work, is to copy my data to another location within the worksheet. I then use conditional formating to change the color of the cells if they do not equal their counterpart in the copied information.

For example
If cell A1 has the number 12 in it. I would copy that to another cell (B1) you can then change cell A1 and then use conditional format on cell A1 to compare the value in B1 and if they are not equal you can change the color. You a can always hide the cells where the copied info is located.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip but this no option for me. In my example i only talked about cells B11:B15 but i have many more.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back