Condditional format or forumula?

bvanscoy678

I am working on a work book to manage a log for calling people back into work for overtime. There is a list, sorted by Rank and seniority. For the process you get 3 refusals (strikes) and you are removed from the list until the next quarter. Once you work, it goes back to zero. So far, the left side of the screen will be a Log to show names, phone numbers and how many strikes they have. The right side is the log of phone calls. We do down the list, then once at the bottom, we start over at the top.

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/strikes.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with http://imageshack.us]imageshack.us[/URL]

I have made a time stamp when the person enters there strike on the right side of the screen.

What I would like to do is have that strike on the right side of the screen (column N and R) automatically fill in to the Strike Column on the left side the of screen (J). That would not be so hard, but as you can see the column will change each time I start at the top of the list again. Once it fills up, then it will go to even another column.

Is there anyway to accomplish this or would I be better off to set up the sheet in another way?

Thank you

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonashleigh99

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back