Condition formatting rule based on colour or number in another cell that already has a formula (without code)

Woodpusher147

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
HI all
I have a Rota sheet that needs to change cells in D9 and D16 to red if not enough staff, Yellow if minimum, Green if perfect, Blue if too many
This changes on different days.
I have done this by using a simple conditional formatting rule
1658240451708.png

Sunday below is a Black day so simply 6 however there are days that have 4 as perfect and 3 as min so this is the rule I have for those
1658240535938.png

I then have a formula which reads the staff cells D10-D15 & D17-D22 and counts the number of cells containing "in" =SUM(INDEX($O$7:$O$12,MATCH(D10:D15,$N$7:$N$12,0)))

1658240280897.png

At the moment, I have to manually add the conditional formatting to each days D9 and D16 cell.
My question is.
Is it possible to have the relevant conditional formatting rule be auto-populated depending on the colour or number of the DAY cell D7 without going into VBA code

My guess is no as this would need the formula in those cells to change but you guys know much more than me :) maybe an IF cell D7 is ? then use * formatting etc . ?? :/

Thanks for any help

Sorry about the above sheet screenshots dates, I changed the sunday to Monday to check it worked which as you can see it does turn green. this is what its like when proper dates are in
1658320357268.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back