Conditional Comparision Formula

hyd1956

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

Could someone please assist with a formula that resolve the following query. Struggling myself as my knowledge of excel is limited. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If Value in Column A ,row 2 = N then display “No change”. If the value in Column A, row 2 = Y, then compare the number in Column B, row 2 vs all rows in Column C, if the numbers match then compare the matching row in Column E vs row 2 in Column A. If they are different then display “Payment Required”. If the value in Column A, row 2 = Y then compare Column B, row 2 vs all rows in Column C, if no match then displays “Payment Required”.

Thank you

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi

Could someone please assist with a formula that resolve the following query. Struggling myself as my knowledge of excel is limited. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If Value in Column A ,row 2 = N then display “No change”. If the value in Column A, row 2 = Y, then compare the number in Column B, row 2 vs all rows in Column C, if the numbers match then compare the matching row in Column E vs row 2 in Column A. If they are different then display “Payment Required”. If the value in Column A, row 2 = Y then compare Column B, row 2 vs all rows in Column C, if no match then displays “Payment Required”.

Thank you
Welcome to the forum!

I think you meant something different for the value I marked in red, since you've already used the A2 cell for either a Y or an N. But other than that, if I understand your question properly, then this should give you an idea of what you want:

Book1 (version 1).xlsb
ABCDE
2Y12345111111
5Payment Required444444
Sheet11
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A5A5=IF(A2="N","No change",IF(VLOOKUP(B2,$C$2:$E$8,3,0)<>A3,"Payment Required","No Payment Required"))

Upvote 0
Hi Eric,

Thank you for your help.

Some of it is working but I'm having trouble with fixing one bit, in the example below, if the value in column D is not in column C but column F is Y then I also want it show as "Payment Required" (or similar text).

number start
number end
Start
End
Payment
NY
Payment Required
Y#N/A

The formula I am using is =IF(F2="N","No change",IF(VLOOKUP(D2,$C$2:$E$26,3,0)<>F2,"Payment Required","No Payment Required"))
Which works for everything else I want. Do you have any suggestions to add in the final fix?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm struggling a bit since that layout seems a little odd to me, but I think this is what you want:

=IF(F2="N","No change",IFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP(D2,$C$2:$E$26,3,0)<>F2,"Payment Required","No Payment Required"),"Payment Required"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back