conditional font color

ndendrinos2

Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
hello to all ... I need either a conditional formatting formula or a VBA maco to do this:
I select colum D and format font color white
I add a conditional format to do this: if in adjacent cells(C3:D1000) have a value then change font color to automatic
Hope I explain it well but again I'm 78 so who knows..... thank you

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
sorry maybe I should add that the change takes place ONLY in the row I'm typing a value

Upvote 0
Not sure if I fully understand - if you mean when you type something into column C then the font in column D returns to automatic? If so, try this (you change the format to automatic in Conditional Formatting):
Book1
CD
3xabc
4abc
5abc
6abc
7yabc
8zabc
9abc
10abc
Sheet1
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
D3:D1000Expression=C3<>""textYES

Upvote 0
sorry maybe I should add that the change takes place ONLY in the row I'm typing a value
please disregard previous ... I think I better explain it like this ....if I enter a value in row C or D then change font color in E in same row to Automatic ...

Upvote 0
sorry Kevin I don't blame you for not understanding me correctly ... mea culpa .. I'm Greek and we Greeks confuse people most of the time so allow me to try again
in any given row If I type a value in cells C or D then on the same row in E revert font to black (the whole column id formatted in white) I really thank you for taking the time to reply

Upvote 0
maybe this explains it even better

Attachments

• excel.png
    excel.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Kevin I am able to replace my formulas in E with yours and they work but the formatting doesn't and maybe it has to do with me using a prehistoric version of XLS?

Upvote 0
I can't remember that far back (2003) as to why the conditional formatting wouldn't work. Just make sure your settings are like those set out below:

Picture1.png
Picture2.png
Picture3.png

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that conditional formatting in my old excel version allows only limited "conditions" example: if value is same ... of value is less than ''' and few more but nothing as sophisticated as what you've just posted ... I'm going to call it a night and resume tomorrow ... thank you for your time Kevin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back