Conditional Format a changing "Applies To" range?

dmagnus

Board Regular
I have a pivot table with 50 rows. I’ve highlighted one of the three columns selected CONDITIONAL FORMATTING – DATA BARS – GRADIENT BARS. I’ve manually entered the “Applies To” range of F8:F58. All looks good….until I refresh the pivot table a few days later and there are 5 new rows, each of which does NOT have the Gradient Data Bar format. When I go to edit the conditional format, the “Applies To” range skips these new rows.

Is there a way to dynamically change the “Applies To” range to apply to all the rows in the pivot table? Before you answer, I notice that in the “Edit Formatting Rule” dialog box there are three options:

1. Selected Cells
2. All Cells showing “Revenue” values
3. All cells showing “Revenue” values for “Name” and “Payment Type”

Unfortunately this won’t work, because there are 3 Payment Types, and I want to conditionally format each type…selecting either of these options “spreads” the format range across all Payment Types.

Ideally I’d like a non-VBA solution, but if none exists, could someone share some code or point me in the right direction, as I am a newbie when it comes to VBA.

Thanks, Dan

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back