Conditional Format help

Dclark015

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning All,

I have a sheet where I need to track 10 years after a date to show that it expires. Currently, I have 2 formulas (listed Below) however once it hits the 10-year mark it turns red and then the next day it goes back to the other format and turns back to orange 1 day after my end date. Again I'm sure its something simple that I am missing any help would be appreciated.

=AND(G2<>"",EDATE(G2,120)=TODAY()) This is first on the list and checked for "stop if True"

=AND(G2<>"",EDATE(G2,108)<=TODAY())

Thank you in advance,

Working perfectly well here.
When I enter 10/3/2013 in cell G2, the cell retains a default black on white format.
Change G2 to 11/3/2013 and the cell turns red.
Change G2 to 10/3/2014 and it stays red.
Change G2 to 11/3/2014 and it turns orange.

1678472106660.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Working perfectly well here.
When I enter 10/3/2013 in cell G2, the cell retains a default black on white format.
Change G2 to 11/3/2013 and the cell turns red.
Change G2 to 10/3/2014 and it stays red.
Change G2 to 11/3/2014 and it turns orange.

View attachment 87257
Gajitcs,

It sounds like they want it to work for BOTH 10 years in the past AND 10 years in the future.
Yours only works for the past dates, not also for the future dates.

Upvote 0
I really appreciate both of your help in this. I think I've confused everyone though. Forgetting the formula that I was using, which may be a part of the miscommunication.

I have a safety jacket that expires after 10 years from the manufacture date. We are looking for a way to have a color cue to know when its a year from expiration and then the day of expiration.

If the jacket was made on March 10, 2013 (The format in the spreadsheet is month Day Year) It then expires on March 10, 2023, 10 years after manufacture.

I am trying to change the color to orange at the 9-year mark from March 10, 2013. Which would be March 10, 2022

Then I am trying to change the color to red at the 10-year mark on March 10, 2023.

I want the color to stay orange for that entire 9th year, and then on year 10-anniversary turn red and remain red.

The color should remain white from the manufacture date until it turns orange.

Upvote 0
I really appreciate both of your help in this. I think I've confused everyone though. Forgetting the formula that I was using, which may be a part of the miscommunication.

I have a safety jacket that expires after 10 years from the manufacture date. We are looking for a way to have a color cue to know when its a year from expiration and then the day of expiration.

If the jacket was made on March 10, 2013 (The format in the spreadsheet is month Day Year) It then expires on March 10, 2023, 10 years after manufacture.

I am trying to change the color to orange at the 9-year mark from March 10, 2013. Which would be March 10, 2022

Then I am trying to change the color to red at the 10-year mark on March 10, 2023.

I want the color to stay orange for that entire 9th year, and then on year 10-anniversary turn red and remain red.

The color should remain white from the manufacture date until it turns orange.
Did you perhaps miss my reply and updated formulas in post 10 when this thread jumped to 2 pages?

I think that should do what you want. Try it out.
If it doesn't, please provide a concrete example that my formulas does not work correctly for.

Upvote 0
Did you perhaps miss my reply and updated formulas in post 10 when this thread jumped to 2 pages?

I think that should do what you want. Try it out.
If it doesn't, please provide a concrete example that my formulas does not work correctly for.

Thanks again, I did miss that formula. This one works correctly. Thank you all again

Special thanks to Joe4- for not loosing your head as I was trying to get this working.

Upvote 0
Thanks again, I did miss that formula. This one works correctly. Thank you all again

Special thanks to Joe4- for not loosing your head as I was trying to get this working.
You are welcome.
Glad we got this working the way you need.

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back