Conditional format help!

Jogi

i'm trying to write a macro which may be able to graph the following table - ie a flt comes in at 10:30 and goes out at 11:30. I can use conditional formatting to draw a line for this time increment, but how do I label this line with fltin/fltout info?

Any help should be really appreciated!

by the way, my data table looks like below, except lot longer.

fltin in fltout out
169 10:30 173 11:30
170 11:30 174 12:30
171 10:00 175 11:30
172 10:30 176 11:00

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi Jogi,

When you refer to using conditional formatting to draw a "line," I assume you are referring to the Gantt Chart method outlined on the MrExcel home page and illustrated by the Mullins Steel Boat example. If this is the case, then you should be able to label the flight numbers at the beginnings and ends of the bars using cell formulas. Using your data, and assuming your fltin and fltout columns are A and C and the time increments are in row 1, then a formula such as the one below should label the beginning of the bar with the fltin value and the end of the bar (in the cell to the right of the bar end) with the fltout:

=IF($B2=F$1,$A2,IF($D2=E$1,$C2,""))

This formula should be placed into cell F2 and filled into each cell in the range of cells containing the "chart." If this cell is not in your table, then change the F$1 reference to refer to the column containing this formula, and E$1 to refer to one column to the left of this formula.

If this is not clear, email me your worksheet and I will incorporate it and return to you.

Upvote 0
Thanks Damon!!

This sure had me stumped!!

This board is really helping me in learning Excel!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back