Conditional Format Not Recalculating correctly

Sven62

I have color filled cells conditional formatted to change fill to white when the cell = X. When I type an X it does change to white fill, but when I delete the X it stays white until I scroll the cell off the screen and back again. Then the color fill has returned. I checked Options\Formulas and Automatic Calculation is selected.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I am not sure what you mean. If you delete the "X", there would be nothing there to see.
If you mean you type in some other entry (other than "X"), the cell Conditional Formatting is not applied until you physically leave the cell.

Upvote 0
I mean type X in the cell and the conditional formatting activates. The cell is white with an X. Delete that X and the cell doesn't go back to its original color until I scroll it off the page and back onto the page.

Remember these cells are colored before the X is typed.

Upvote 0
Excel 2010 has issues with rendering CF with cell fill - I don't know why it hasn't been fixed.

I've seen suggestions to toggle the worksheet property EnableFormatConditionsCalculation, but have had no success -- it's flaky.

Upvote 0
Excel 2010 has issues with rendering CF with cell fill - I don't know why it hasn't been fixed.

I've seen suggestions to toggle the worksheet property EnableFormatConditionsCalculation, but have had no success -- it's flaky.
I'm glad you were familiar with that issu, shg. I had not heard about that, but then again I am still on 2007.
I am surprised that they haven't addressed that in a patch yet...

Upvote 0
FYI... the original CF was A1="X". That one has problems. Changed it to =NOT(ISBLANK(A1)). FIXED!! Automatically updates immediately now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back