Conditional format table column with Index Match formula (got data from another table)

mib1019

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I'm missing something here. Hope someone can help.

I've put conditional formatting on the first few columns of the Project Info table. It looks for the existence of a record in the Time Input table, coloring green if there are none. I will instruct that it's okay to change a name if it's green, and action would be required if it's not (records exist). Here's a snip of the table.

1630335753885.png

So there is column that he'll use to set the status of his projects, Open or Closed. As you can see, I've set the value to Closed on one project. Now, on the Time Input Table, I want to conditionally format the Project column to indicate if the project is closed. Later, when he does maintenance on his file, he can filter his tables by the highlight to delete closed projects.

Thought I could do that with Index Match function, but am getting an error in the formula box. Here's the formula.

=If(INDEX(ProjectInfo[Status],MATCH([@Project],ProjectInfo[Project Name],0)))="Closed"

1630336862631.png

Hope you can help!! I don't want to add an unnecessary column to Time Input just to get a format to work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back