Conditional Formating - cut n paste

Oyster1967

Board Regular
When I cut and paste a worksheet with conditional formatting into another spreadsheet, the conditional formatting doesn't come with it, and the option is grey'd out in the menu,not allowing me to CF the worksheet.....I have used the paste special etc etc.. how can I fix it. It's really annoying me, cause Im sure it's soooo simple to fix.

Cheers Andrew

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I have a spreadsheet with a number of workbooks, each work book is a school term timetable, beside each subject are 3 colomns, conditionally formatted. The original Spreadsheet is created elsewhere and I Con Form it then cut and paste it into its own worksheet in the main spreadsheet. I have a few workbooks already in the spreadsheet file name con formed the same way...
For some reason, now, when I cut and paste the worksheet with conditional formatting into the aforementioned spreadsheet, the conditional formatting doesn't come with it, and the option is grey'd out in the menu,not allowing me to re-CF the worksheet.....I have used the paste special etc etc.. . I have pasted it successfully into a new workbook with no problems at all, which seems to tell me that some protection has been added or something, but I know it hasn't (not deliberately anyway). how can I fix it or what do I check. It's really annoying me, cause Im sure it's soooo simple to fix.
Cheers Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back