Conditional formating with currennt conditional formating

AliMW3

Hey, thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

1. Trying to make a cell stay blank until another is filled. ( I have tried ISBLANK but I can't figure out how to add it to current AND(True, False)formula with formatting based on another two cells in the sheet. I did not write the AND() formula, I am only working with it: {=IF(AND(H40>E40,I40>E40),"Approve","Deny")}

2. I am trying to get the same sheet to highlight an entire row when the last column (J) gets one of those True,False answers. I can get it to highlight A-C and J but not D-I.
*H-J have separate formula formatting for each column that create data based on items entered into E-G and I have made H and I remain blank until data is entered in their corresponding cells:
{=IF(ISBLANK(E82),"", 7500-F82) } I am just not sure how to get the whole row to highlight instead of just J {cel lvalue = to "DENY" format red fill applies to =$J:$J}

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I'm lost a little.

You could upload a copy of your file, with 2 sheets, in sheet1 your data and sheet2 an example of colors, to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back