Conditional Formating

Tamm

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am creating a workbook in excel, that has multiple sheets. I have created the formula for getting what I want from 1 sheet to the next, but I am trying to add the conditional format to this and it is not working. I have 3 conditions that I need, 1) Cell value >6 becomes green 2) Cell value <1 becomes red 3) Cell value between 1 and 5 is yellow. I have added all the formats, but only the yellow and green are working. Can anyone help me.
Thanks
Tammy

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
+Fluff 1.xlsm
A
3-1
Lists
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
A1:A5Expression=AND(A1>=1,A1<=5)textNO
A1:A5Expression=AND(A1<>"",A1<1)textNO
A1:A5Expression=A1>6textNO

Upvote 0
1616610849022.png

This is the rule that I have created in conditional formatting. I tried 2 different less than 1 and with a minus. I have a formula in the cells does that create a problem with the formatting?

Upvote 0
Did you actually try what I suggested?

Upvote 0
Maybe I do not know how to use the conditional formatting tool. But when I set this up my Green and Yellow worked. If you see my image the ones with no numbers in there should be Red. I tried putting your formula in my rule but it said it would not work. I tried also putting this at the end of my other formula in the cell and it says this is not a formula. So I am obviously not doing the formulas the correct way.

1616612795558.png

Upvote 0
With the formulae I suggested did you go to CF, New rule, Use a formula & then enter the formula?

Upvote 0
Ok I just tried that, it is not working. I did it with multiple cells and then just 1 cell. still not working.

Upvote 0
it is not working
Is less than helpful, in what way didn't it work.

I suggest you post a sample (including the CF)

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back