Conditional Formatting - All Columns at once?

misiek5510

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hi guys. Is there a way to copy or apply same conditional formatting for multiple columns. (about 40 columns)?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Not sure if you meant to post this in the "Power BI" forum instead of the "Excel Questions" forum, or that was just accidental.

But you can apply a single Conditional Formatting Rule to a WHOLE range of values at once pretty easily.
Just select the entire range you want to apply it to, and enter the Formatting rule as it applies to the very first cell in your selection.
Excel is usually smart enough to adjust it for all the other cells in the range.

If you are having trouble doing this, tell us the range you are applying it to, and what the rule should be.

Upvote 0
Hi Yes, I did mean to post it in Power Bi section :) In the Matrix visual I've added 40 different values which are columns in the martix however I have to apply conditional formatting to it individually. (40 times) is there an solution where I can copy the exact same formatting for all values / columns ?

Upvote 0
I admit that I do not use Power BI, but in my Google Searches, all the issues that I see seem to be that people say it defaults thw whole matrix, when they just want a single column (so maybe the exact opposite of what you are trying to do). Do these 40 columns represent the entire matrix?

If not, the only thread I found that seems to address that scenario seems to imply that you have to do each one manually:

Upvote 0
thank you for your reply. Yes, i did find the same, however was hoping someone came with a solution :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back