Conditional Formatting Annoyance

squeakums

Office Version
  1. 365
Okay, I created a conditional format to fill in:

=BE12="G" to fill in green for the following fields if it fiends in cell BE12 = G

=$AL$12:$AN$13

Those below are rows 12 and 13, why isn't it coloring in the other 2 cells even though it falls within those parameters? I tested in several other areas and same scenario. It looks like some annoying excel glitch. Any ideas? It works on the previous tab fine.. go figure.

1621538383938.png

Attachments

• 1621538282434.png
    1621538282434.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Try
Excel Formula:
=$BE12="G"

Upvote 0
No glitches, working as expected.
If you want to apply that formula to multiple cells on multiple rows, you will need to lock down both the column and cell reference, i.e.
=$BE$12="G"

Upvote 0
No glitches, working as expected.
If you want to apply that formula to multiple cells on multiple rows, you will need to lock down both the column and cell reference, i.e.
=$BE$12="G"
I was hoping that I didn't have to use the absolute in there since I am copying the formatting over. But, yes that resolved the problem :) thanks!

Upvote 0
I was hoping that I didn't have to use the absolute in there since I am copying the formatting over. But, yes that resolved the problem :) thanks!
If you let us know what ranges you want to apply it to, and how the formula should change for the different areas in the range, we may be able to help you come up with a better way of doing it.

Upvote 0
If you let us know what ranges you want to apply it to, and how the formula should change for the different areas in the range, we may be able to help you come up with a better way of doing it.
I'm editing 20 rows down and then formatting that down and with the absolutes it causes issues when formatting down. Is there another work around?

Upvote 0
I'm editing 20 rows down and then formatting that down and with the absolutes it causes issues when formatting down. Is there another work around?
Please provide specific details. It may be simple. Or it may be a little complex, but if we can detect patterns, we may be able to come up with solutions to make it easier.
But I need really specific details (I cannot work off of generalities - and a pattern cannot be determined from one, single example).
i.e. what is the first range? what is the first CF formula? what is the second range, what is the second CF formula, etc.

Upvote 0
What if I make the formula for example =$BE12="G
We already did that.
But you said that you have to apply this to other ranges to.
So we need to know exactly which ranges, and what cell those ranges are looking at.
Without any other information, there is not much we can do for you and you would be left to your own devices to adapt it for the other areas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back