Conditional formatting/coloring depending on values of 2 different cells

Blueocean2023

Office Version
  1. 365
Hello

I have spent my whole 2 full days trying to solve this one and i was no able therefore i am asking please for your help.

I have a simple table that includes 3 Tactics : A, B and C.

Each Tactic is defined by 2 numerical parameters (Parameter 1 and Parameter 2) which are set and fixed in advance (I do not modify them).

Tactic A is the best then comes B and last is C.

Tactic A has the lowest parameters then comes B then C.

Each day i measure from the stars in the sky parameters 1 and 2 for the Day and insert them in my table (in the 2 cells in Yellow).

For me to be able to use a tactic, both parameters measured for the day MUST be below the predefined parameters for the tactic to be used.

Then I would like, please, that my table automatically formats/colors in Green only one Tactic that has both parameters 1 and 2 below the parameters measured for the day.

In case the parameters of the day allow me to use several Tactics then i would like, please, that the table only highlights the best tactic: A, then B then C.

I have attached the table in 4 different examples with 4 different sets of parameters for the day an example:

Case 1 The parameters for the day fall under the parameters of all 3 tactics, but since tactic A is the best then it is solely colored in green.
NB:i do not mind if only cell A is colored in green and not the whole line for the parameters

Case 2 we can see that parameter 1 is not OK for tactic A but OK for tactic B and C. On the other hand parameter 2 is OK for all 3 tactics therefore we have the choice between tactic B and C only (since A is excluded due to parameter 1). Since B is better than C only B is colored in green.

Case 3 Parameter 1 is OK for 3 tactics but since parameter 2 is only OK for tactic C then Tactic C is colored in green only

Case 4 all parameters are not OK for all 3 tactics so nothing is colored in green.

Please i would be so grateful for your assistance.

Thanks
Best regards
BlueOcean

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Please provide links to all places where you have asked this question.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back