Conditional Formatting from one sheet to another

Brandlynm

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2011
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Currently, I am using excel for chemical inventory. I have a master list sheet and then I have all labs having their own sheets within the same workbook. I have the separate sheets linked to the master list. If a cell in one of the separate sheets is edited, it will update on the master list. I have a conditional formatting on the separate sheets for expiration dates to change color 30 and 90 days from today. I would like for this to link to the main sheet. Is there a way that this could happen. I am very new to using excel for more than very simple tasks.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Your description was very clear right up until the question "I would like for this to link to the main sheet." Not sure what you mean by "link." What is the result you want? Do you mean that you want to also put highlighting on the main sheet using the same logic that is used to highlight dates in the separate sheets? You just need to replicate the same rules in the main sheet. If that's not the right answer then I don't understand the question.

Upvote 0
Solution
Your description was very clear right up until the question "I would like for this to link to the main sheet." Not sure what you mean by "link." What is the result you want? Do you mean that you want to also put highlighting on the main sheet using the same logic that is used to highlight dates in the separate sheets? You just need to replicate the same rules in the main sheet. If that's not the right answer then I don't understand the question.
Actually, just by you restating the question and reading your answer, I was able to figure out the issue. I did replicate the same rules, I just didn't have the rules in the correct order that I needed them to be. Once I moved rearranged my set of rules, it all worked out.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back