Conditional Formatting Help

Lewzerrrr

Hi

I have a sheet that has 20 boxes, 5 by 4, B4:D20, F4:H20... R58:T74

In each one has a serial number where my macro extracts an image from web into the box e.g B4:D15 = Picture, C16 = Serial Number and rest of box is information about serial number.

Now I need to conditional format all the picture boxes based on if the serial number is in either tables in a different sheet with a Y ticked in a cell next to it, I tried to use =OR(VLOOKUP($C$16,Sheet1'!$C$275:$N$294,12,0)="Y",VLOOKUP($C$16,Sheet1'!$C$119:$M$138,11,0)="Y") which I've encountered a couple of problems with:

• I can't copy the CF to the different boxes without manually adjusting the lookup value in the CF rule as the formula needs to stay fixed to cell pre copying over
  • If it can't find the lookup in the second OR criteria then it returns an #N/A therefore not successfully CF'ing the cells even if it's true on the first OR criteria. My understanding of OR was that if one is true then it should be succesful?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I've solved the formula using an IFERROR instead of OR, still would like to address why OR doesn't work if it breaks due to an #N/A?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back