Conditional Formatting Help

Tankmech4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need some help with an Excel formula involving conditional formatting. I've googled what I'm trying to accomplish, and used the formula's that others have suggested, the formula's themselves worked, but not the way I desire them too.

What I'm wanting to do is a color fill. Some backstory. Our government vehicles require re-dispatch every 30 days. So from the date of dispatch to 20 days after that date I want the cell green, from day 21 to day 25 I want the cell yellow, and from day 26 to day 30 I want it red. Here is an example:

Lets say the dispatch date is 09/30/2021

So From 09/30/2021 thru 10/19/2021 the cell would be green
From 10/20/2021 thru 10/24/2021 the cell would be yellow
From 10/25/2021 thru 10/30/2021 the cell would be red
Now lets say its re-dispatched on 10/29/2021, once that new date is filled in; the process should restart with a green fill.

Hopefully this explains what I'm attempting well enough.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Upvote 0
Solution
Does the =Now and =Today format do the same thing; utilize the automatic date on the computer?

Upvote 0
now() returns current date and time as of the calculation so it will usually be a whole number (unless it is the stroke of midnight) + a decimal fraction, today() returns today at 0000 hours which is a whole number.

So now() might return 44469.75 whereas today() would return 44469 - these numbers are usually formatted as a date but underneath the formatting is just a number.

Yes both use computer's continuously updating date/time value whenever the function is calculated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back