Conditional formatting highlight

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
I don't know how much more able I will be able to help without seeing your workbook.
As I mentioned before, I cannot download files from my current location, but I can from my home.
So, if you are able to upload a file to a file sharing site and provide the link, I can download it and take a look at it later in the day when I am at home.

Joeun

I don't know how much more able I will be able to help without seeing your workbook.
As I mentioned before, I cannot download files from my current location, but I can from my home.
So, if you are able to upload a file to a file sharing site and provide the link, I can download it and take a look at it later in the day when I am at home.
Hi Joe4

Below are the share link to the folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GONwJfx01v_XZeHrg3burkBavuF3ffIJ

Thank you

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
You have a few issues, including referencing the wrong column in your COUNTIF formula, not locking down the correct ranges, and using WILDCARDS in your criteria.
Remove ALL your current Conditional Formatting in your example, then do the following:
- Select the range B3:H4
- Go to Conditional Formatting and enter this formula:
Code:
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'[CFormating.xlsx]"&$A3&"'!$B$4:$B$10"),B$2)
- Choose your formatting color

This will only highlight the 4 cells that you have the check marks in.

Joeun

You have a few issues, including referencing the wrong column in your COUNTIF formula, not locking down the correct ranges, and using WILDCARDS in your criteria.
Remove ALL your current Conditional Formatting in your example, then do the following:
- Select the range B3:H4
- Go to Conditional Formatting and enter this formula:
Code:
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'[CFormating.xlsx]"&$A3&"'!$B$4:$B$10"),B$2)
- Choose your formatting color

This will only highlight the 4 cells that you have the check marks in.

Hi Joe4

Thank you for your help. The problem is solved :)

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...