Conditional Formatting: if value (x) is greater/less then percentage (y) then the cell color changes

goodmachine

Board Regular
I have values in column H for a reorder point for print materials. In column O, I have the quantity on hand for said printed materials. I want to create a formula or some kind of conditional formatting that will do the following:
  • If the quantity on hand is greater than the reorder point by 50%++ (.5), the cell in column O changes to the color purple. For example, column H is 100 and column O is 200,l then cell changes to the color purple.
  • If the quantity on hand is less than the reorder point by 50% (.5), the cell in column O changes to the color orange

I'm not sure if this can be achieved, but I would love to find out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
use the "formula" option in conditional formatting

=O2< H2*0.5 to show items less than recorder point. eg if reporder point is 20 , the trigger will be 9 to make 10 the trigger use =O2<= H2*0.5

= O2 > H2+(H2*0.5) to show items with excess stock eg if reorder point is 20 trigger is 31. to make 30 the trigger use = O2 >= H2+(H2*0.5)

Sd some time playing around with conditional formatting formulas

Upvote 0
You would need two rules, Go to conditional formatting and choose to use a formula to format the cell. this should be done in column O

1. Highlight all the required cells in column O, I assumed it starts from O2
2. Go to conditional formatting and apply the following

Formula 1 =$H2/$O2>=0.5 - format as purple
Formula 2 =$H2/$O2<0.5 - format as orange

That should do it

Upvote 0
use the "formula" option in conditional formatting

=O2< H2*0.5 to show items less than recorder point. eg if reporder point is 20 , the trigger will be 9 to make 10 the trigger use =O2<= H2*0.5

= O2 > H2+(H2*0.5) to show items with excess stock eg if reorder point is 20 trigger is 31. to make 30 the trigger use = O2 >= H2+(H2*0.5)

Sd some time playing around with conditional formatting formulas

thank you for the help!

Upvote 0
I am trying to figure out which of my work weeks qualify to be accrued for my vacation days. I have three separate columns I need to track: D, E, F; ranging from rows 2-54 (one row is for my Christmas Bonus, which will be opted out of these conditional rules). A week only qualifies for vacation if I work 30 or more hours (D), this does include holidays (E) and vacation (F).

In other words, I need to find out if the Sum(D#:F#)<30, and if so, I want it Red.

My question is, do I need to create a rule for each individual row, or is there a way to incorporate all 52 rows into a single rule?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back