Conditional formatting in Pivot Table for values (taken in aggregate) that are higher than a threshold.

Excel addicted

Dear Excel Community !
I hope you are all doing well :)
I come with a question that it seems not raised before as far as I know. I would like to get certain values within a pivot table getting highlighted dynamically provided that the total of theses values are higher than a threshold ( 80 % of the grand total in this case). The values to be highlighted need to be in logical order, from the Largest valued to the lowest value whose sum will be above the threshold (see screenshot below).
If possible the formatting can be kept the same even if the values are not sorted (from Largest to Smallest).
Any idea how to tackle this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

Debra Dalgleish has designed many examples for Pivot Table Conditional Formatting :

Hello,
Thanks for the reference. The issue presented in my post doesn't fall within any of the examples presented by Debra Dalgleish.
In my case the highlight will be if the Sum of multiple values are above a set amount. I hope it was clear :biggrin:

Upvote 0
It seems to me the main point is how have you designed your Formula for your conditional formatting ...

Would you mind sharing it ?

Upvote 0
It seems to me the main point is how have you designed your Formula for your conditional formatting ...

Would you mind sharing it ?
I would have gladly shared the formula if I have designed it because I'm looking for a formula actually which will resolve the situation described previously. I'm thinking that the formula may contain the following: SUM() ; LARGE(); IF(). I will try to come up with a combination and share it with you if it works.
Sorry for creating such confusion 😓

Upvote 0
May be to simplify your life you could have a Running Total by customer ... should be worth testing ... ;)

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, have you fixed your problem ...

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, have you fixed your problem ...
Thanks for the follow-up! Actually, I put it on hold for the time being as I have to deal with other urgent issues. My brain needs to be on a rest mode to focus on Excel issues. I will let you know once solved (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back