conditional formatting in pivot table with slices

uZoe

Hi I'm looking for some help please. I have a power pivot table that has some data slices to create a sort of reporting dashboard. The data in the table therefore changes depending on the slice selected. In addition the source data is changed every week (manually) and the pivot is refreshed.

I have a column of data (E) that has a date format of such
13/03/2023 16:07:41

Its system generated. I tried to change the date in excel so it is just dd/mm/yyyy - I could do this in the source data column. I refreshed the pivot it still showed the format above. That was odd. I couldn't also just apply the format to the column in the pivot. That is my first problem

My second request is that I'd like to highlight lines of text where the date in column E is < 7 days. The pivot table data will obviously change depending on the slice selected so I am hoping that there is an automatic way to do this that is applied to the pivot. When I refresh the overall data (copy and paste my new data into the source/ reference worksheet) I'd like to still be able to apply this conditional formatting each time automatically. Is this possible in pivot tables please and how might I go about doing it.
thank you Zoe

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back