Conditional Formatting Issue (counting by colour)

jtdestroyer

I am using the following website to try and count the coloured cells in workbook (including the code posted):

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2013/12/12/count-sort-by-color-excel/

I have conditionally formatted my work, and I can see that it is working (all the cells I want coloured are, in fact, coloured) but when I click to check the format of the cells, it says that they are white, while they are actually green. I cannot count the green cells then because Excel thinks that they are white, I'm not sure if there is something simple I'm missing or what.

I'm pretty new to Excel so any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi welcome to forum.

In this situation it is generally best to incorporate your "conditions" into a COUNTIFs() function or something similar.

What range of cells are conditionally formatted and what are the condition(s)?

Upvote 0
The conditions are different for each row. I am imputing responses from a test of sorts and the cell will turn green if the correct letter is put into the cell (the test is multiple choice). I have 48 questions in total and they are all arranged in a column for each person who took the test. I just want to count the correct (green) answers instead of individually counting it out myself for every person (as there is well over 200 tests).

Would it be better to have a second condition? What I mean is maybe have another column next to my answer column that is something like, if correct letter than value = 1, and just count the 1's? I'm thinking that might be easier.

Upvote 0
What I suggested seems to work, I'm going to go with that. Thanks for the quick reply and help though FormR!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back