Conditional formatting issues

SomeManager

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I guess this is my last hope of finishing my project.
I guess it could be out of topic , but google sheets has the same as excel, right?
Basically, I need some kinda automatic formula which colors the row in red colour based on 2 conditions:
1. specific cell value is true
2. row contain cell/cells with specific text
Here are screenshots:
1680419659121.png

As you can see we have 2 employees with left cell ''RO'' values ''True'' and ''False''. I want that if the value of ''RO'' cell is ''True'' and this row contain any ''RO*''(RO*1-9*) inside to mark whole row in red color like this:
1680419804752.png

I have tried conditional formatting with IFS,INDIRECT,IFS+COUNTIF and it half-worked, by that I mean it did colour the entire row, but, when cells are being overwritten conditional formatting dissapears and our team need more sustainable solution to the problem. Before that we were colouring only 1 cell with red colour via conditional formatting using this formula: =AND(INDIRECT("R[0]C[-24]", FALSE)=TRUE,INDIRECT("R[0]C[0]", FALSE)>0) but as the company is growing we need more flexible solution, rather than load file with bunch of INDIRECTS which causes performance issues of the file.

In case you know the solution, please keep in mind we have 100 rows of that type of info as on screenshots, this one just tip of the iceberg.
Will be online on this forum for a few days in case some of you can help.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Found temporary formula that helps if cells are not overwriten so here I have small idea as workaround, but it's incompleted: =IFERROR(IFS(C92="TRUE",TRUE,COUNTIF(H92:W92,"RO*"),TRUE),FALSE)

Upvote 0
Hi, is anyone can help or give thoughts how it could work the way we want? Will appreciate any suggestions and will try everything.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back