conditional formatting not working properly

raffexpat

I have used conditional formatting on an entire column to check a formula. The formula used is "if format is=W9=(P9-E9-Q9)" then format font red. It works for some cells but not others. When I check the same result using =if(W9=(P9-E9-Q9),"OK","Error". It does the same thing. I shows OK for some and notfor others. If I then check the results manually I get the right results for the entire column and it all checks out. With the first option I highlighted all the cells but removed absolute references and for the second method I copied and pasted.

When I double click I get error message 91 and the following text.

object variable or with block variable not set is the error message i get when trying to open html maker.

I will try and reinstall if it is as easy as you say. thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I don't really know why you get the error. But then you could use Excel Jeanie which sbeatton posted earlier in this thread:

Here I am pasting the link again:
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/index.php?f=1

Edit:
Besides, getting the error message, I guess you should check incase you have that "HTML" option in the Excel Menubar.

Upvote 0
Hi I am getting there. with a little messing around I now have the add in installed and now need to post it on to the board. I am looking for the insert button and will figure it out soon

Upvote 0
Guys, I am sorry for messing up this thread a little with my experimentation. I ought to explain. It is the column headed option two which I originally wanted to check. with the conditional formatting. If you look at the column headed manual check you will see the results are identical yet the IF formula shows some OK and some NOT. I am confused

Upvote 0
there is no insert button in HTML Maker. You just need to click on the option "Convert sheet to HTML" after you select your data table which you want to show on the Board ! This includes all the formulae you have in your data table. That add-in will then create an HTML webpage with your data and show you a preview of the same. That HTML preview page will have another button titled "Please click this button to send the source to clipboard" and another button called "view source". Once you click on it (do not click the View Source button), you will save that entire HTML code of the preview page in the computer's memory. When you are in the message box of the board, just press Ctrl+V and the entire code is pasted in the message box. Do not edit the code or else you will have errors displaying your data table on the Board.

I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0
I still think the numbers are not identical.
Using your sheet posted above
Try (w10-z10)*100000000000000000000000000
Does that return zero?
With conditional formatting (or anything for that matter) a very small decimal is not zero.
Do you actually care if the difference is 0.000000000001 ?
If not then try to modify the conditional formatting

Change =W9=(P9-E9-Q9)" to =ABS(w9-P9+E9+Q9) < 0.0001 (change the 0.0001 to the level of accuracy that you care about), or else use the ROUND function in the conditional formatting (not in your actual data)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back