Conditional Formatting not working?

PlumGr8

Board Regular
Should be simple but being stubborn. I have 2 works books, and I know I get the error of not being able to format across workbooks. So in one workbook I have 10 cells that reference another works book, ex. "workbook 1 cell B10 shows 100.6, workbook 2 links to and also shows 100.6 in cell D10". So now within book2 I have another sheet that adds up the hours to compare against the "master" number on book1. I have just a simple - if not equal to this number turn red, formatting, but its not working. When the numbers are all matched it still shows red? Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
When comparing numbers with decimals, it is always good to use the ROUND function, lest you may run across this known issue: Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate result in Excel - Office
I'll check that link when I am on a computer that will allow me to access it. Issue is that I do have to keep these values accurately. I actually just had to change everything over because we were using the code to enter straight military time but the rounding errors were leading up to errors in times which effects a lot of other stuff that I had to correct.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back