Conditional Formatting on cells that contain formula results

Hoody_89

Hi All,

I've had a look around this forum and was unable to find an answer to my question. Essentially I have a table that depending on the value of a list item, shows 3 different sets of data in the same cells.

I want to apply conditional formatting to results on just one of the list item results cells. I have had success getting the red, amber and green styles applied for a single cell on the value, but I am having trouble scaling this to cover the entire table.

The formula in each cell is as per below, I know it isn't as optimised as it could be however it does get the job done.
Code:
=IF($I$2="On Off Delta",TEXT(MAXIFS(Output!$E:$E,Output!$M:$M,$A$7,Output!$C:$C,C6)-MINIFS(Output!$E:$E,Output!$M:$M,$A$7,Output!$C:$C,C6),"h"),IF('Trips And Distance'!$I$2="Trip Distance Total",SUMIFS(Output!$H:$H,Output!$M:$M,'Trips And Distance'!$A$7,Output!$C:$C,'Trips And Distance'!C6),COUNTIFS(Output!$M:$M,'Trips And Distance'!$A$7,Output!$C:$C,'Trips And Distance'!C6,Output!$D:$D,"Ignition On")))

The list values are "Trip Distance Total, Ignition Started, On Off Delta". The results of On Off Delta are an shown as an hour count using =TEXT(cell,"h"), typically between 1 and 15.

The conditional formatting style I have been using as per below (I2 is the list value cell)
Red -
Code:
=IF($I$2="On Off Delta",$I$16>=5)
- I16 is a random cell in the table that has a value lower than 5

Amber -
Code:
=IF($I$2="On Off Delta",$I$32>5,$I$32<7)

Green -
Code:
=IF($I$2="On Off Delta",$I$36<=7)

The condition formula above applies only to the cell that is referred to that the end of the code (the one it is checking the value against). I am struggling to think of a way to make this scale-able so that I do not need to go through and manually add 3 conditional formatting rules on each cell of the table.

Hopefully this explanation of this issue is thorough enough, please let me know if you need anything further! Here is a snap showing the formula and cell values to give an idea.

cFaM6SD.png

Cheers,
Mat

I already saw what the problem is. In column I you have texts that look like numbers. Then use the following formula:

=AND($I$2="On Off Delta",Value($I7)>=5)

Ahhh perfect, thanks for that Dante! It makes sense with the Value, I wish I had thought of it. Appreciate the assistance :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Im glad to help you. Thanks for your kind comments.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back