Conditional Formatting: Relative Reference? Using Or Formula?

bdlingafel

I have Googled and researched this long enough, maybe its out there but I am missing it; if so I'm sorry.

Here is what I am trying to do. I have made a spreadsheet that will act as a Clabber scorecard (a card game kind of like Euchre) instead of using a pen and paper. the programming works perfectly, but now I am trying to take it one step further and gray out the games that have already been played (72 games possible on my spreadsheet).

For example A2:F10 is 1 game. Notice I have the first 2 games grayed out to show what i would like them to look like when the game is complete. When a game is completed the number of points earned will show up in C10 or D10 (for game 1 anyways). So I am looking for a way to conditionally format cells A2:F10 to the light gray background when C10 or D10 is greater than 0. Then after that I would like to be able to copy formatting to the other games without conditionally formatting every single game if possible.

1969204_10201539215514626_832806337_n.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if it is possible, but I'm really hoping it is. Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help me.

Also, if anyone would like me to send the file to them if they'd like to mess around with it or if you play Clabber, let me know, I would gladly send it.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Yes you can do it! unfortunately I dont know a way of doing it with out initially typing in the conditional formatting for all the separate cells A2 through to F10.

The way I did it was to goto into a2 and conditional formatting then

1) Select New Rule
2) Select Use a formula to determine which cell to format
3) In "Format values where formula is true:" box type OR(C10>0, D10>0)
4) Do this for all cell a2 to f10

Of course you can set the format colour at the same time

Ok now the good news, once you have done the first panel you can paint brush any other area of the same size and it will take the conditional formatting with it !

I would make up a blank master and use it as a template.

Maybe someone else has a better way of doing but that all I can suggest

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back