Conditional Formatting to find highest value in a ROW if greater than n% to the second highest and also finding the lowest value in a ROW if n% lower

joncoll

Hi All,

Hope you're all well. I am trying to do the following, if possible. I have found a way around it using formaulas but can't do it using conditional formatting.

What I want to do is to find highest value in a ROW if greater than n% to the second highest (say green) and also finding the lowest value (red) in a ROW if n% lower than the second lowest value and then anthing that doesn't fit this criteria i want to make yellow.

Is this possible? I have been using MAXIF/MINIF & LARGE & SMALL combos but would like something that i could apply using conditional formatting entirely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,

Jon

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
say you want to highlight 12 becouse it is more than 5% bigger than 11
the 12 is highlighted red using this conditional formatting formula
=LARGE(D1:K1,1)>1.05*LARGE(D1:K1,2)

<colgroup><col span="13"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Hi Oldbrewer!

Thanks for getting back to me. Total mistake on my part, I meant to say columns!

I have been playing around with it but cant get it to return if the highest two are 5% difference and the lowest 2 are 5% in the difference! See below the result I would like to get help on.
COL

<colgroup><col width="64" span="6" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Apologies for wasting your time but I will definately use your first comment in the future!

Thansk,

JC

Upvote 0
It suddenly dawned on me that this will color every cell - you need to check if any cell is equal to the largest or smallest value.

say the cell is A1

=and(or(A1=large(d1:k1,1),A1 =small(d1:k1,1))....test for highest.... , test for lowest) using =LARGE(D1:K1,1)>1.05*LARGE(D1:K1,2) and same for small 1 being less than small 2 * .95

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back