Conditional Formatting vs Highlight

DarkChaosDS

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am using conditional formatting to highlight certain cells yellow. It seems although the cells appear yellow through conditional formatting, excel is not recognizing them as actually being highlighted yellow. Is there anyway to convert conditional formatting to an actual highlight so excel recognizes the cells as actually being yellow. I ask this as I have a Macro formula added to recognize a yellow highlight to sum only yellow cells, however it does not work on the yellow conditionally formatted cells.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
If you want to sum the yellow cells that are conditionally formatted then you don't need to use a UDF (correct name for a macro formula), you simply need to use a conditional sum with the same criteria as the conditional formatting rule.

Upvote 0
Hi, I make a formula in many cells. When I click on the formula the only certain cell (inputs) highlighted. I want that the entire row of that formula highlighted when I click on it not only that cell. Is there any close solution to my requirement. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
When I click on the formula the only certain cell (inputs) highlighted.
If you mean the precedent cells that are used for the calculation of the formula that have a coloured border when you edit the formula then there is not a way to change that.

Upvote 0
If you mean the precedent cells that are used for the calculation of the formula that have a coloured border when you edit the formula then there is not a way to change that.
Yes, when i edit the formula the precedent cell have color border. I want that entire row highlighted not only that cell.

Like my precedent cells fall in F columns but their description is in A column. So its become difficult for me to check.

So i use my finger to check, Oh, this value is "Pressure" ,, and this cell value is "density" ...

Upvote 0
As I said, not possible. It can only show the cells that are being used in the formula.

The only possible way would be to rewrite the formula so that it uses the whole row, but I can think of more reasons why that is a bad idea than a good one.

Upvote 0
As I said, not possible. It can only show the cells that are being used in the formula.

The only possible way would be to rewrite the formula so that it uses the whole row, but I can think of more reasons why that is a bad idea than a good one.
OK thanks for reply. I believe i can think of any other way. Like i hide the in between column. Or any other way....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back