Conditional Formatting where value is less than 1

igdent

Hello again everyone,
I try so hard to not do this because it proves what an Excel-dummy I really am, but I am having difficulties - AGAIN. I have a page of figures (range A2:AP479) in which each column displays the number of weeks between uses of the items in Row1 (eg. A1=A2:A479 etc.) I am trying to highlight the greatest number in a run. The best way to describe what I need is to set out an example:
I want to highlight the 6, the 3, the 0 (where there is more than one zero, as that is the highest number in that run), the 4 and the 2.
Using A2 as a base I used the formula =A3<1 and set the highlight colour. Over 70% of the page it has worked well, but for the other 30% it is also highlighting the zeros before the 1s. I can't figure out its way of thinking; it just doesn't appear to be consistent. For instance, it might highlight the zero between the 6 and the 1, but not the zero between the 4 and the 1, yet nicely highlights only one of the zeros of the double (or two of a triple etc.)
I thought perhaps it was a problem with the <1 but with <0 or even =0 it does not work at all.
Any help, or even just explanation of its way of thinking, would be greatly appreciated. In short, I want to highlight any cell when the cell below it contains a zero.
Many thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
I tried to paste screen snips to clearly show what is occurring, but the images are not displaying. I don't know how to delete this "reply". Sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back