Conditional Formatting with Formulas and dates

hooper12345

Experts,

I have an action plan template i'm attempting to use in which there is a conditional formatting set to turn the row yellow if the action is within 7 days of the targeted completed date. I have column heading for "targeted date" and =today() in cell C1. My conditional formatting is done starting in cell I7 and down.

I'm unclear on how exactly to word the formula. and I'd like to leave the cell blank if the statement is false.

In additional to the "within 7 day of targeted date", there is a red formatting for "passed targeted date"

Thanks greatly in advance!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
you already have conditional formatting in the template to change to yellow and red
what formula are you trying to add and why

Upvote 0
to add if the "targeted date" column is within 7 days from the today cell to turn the row yellow without me having to do that math and switch the status column to trigger the conditional formatting. Something like =If(cell targeted date is <= Today + 5, then "within 7 days", leave blank"

I know that is broken formula.

Upvote 0
i'm really sorry i'm just not getting what you need

Upvote 0
Sometimes, posting actual examples along with your expected results help us see exactly what it is you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way I can be notified if I have a task that falls within 7 days on a completed date that I set? I have a standard action plan template but I cant figure out a way with conditional formatting that it will automatically alert me instead of me changing the cell that then fires the conditional formatting rules.

Upvote 0
Be notified how, exactly? Do you mean something like a pop-up message when you open the file?
Conditional Formatting can only do just that, format cells. If you are looking for some sort of alert or notification, that will require VBA.
If that is acceptable, if you let us know the specifics of how you would like to be notified, we can probably come up with some code for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back