Conditional Formatting

tyshanklin

Hello all!

I'm hoping this will be a fairly easy fix, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. We assign tasks to our team, and everyone has their own tab. There is a "MASTER" tab that keeps track of the name of the task (A2), how much time was budgeted for the task (B2), and how long it actually took to complete (C2).

C2 on the MASTER tab uses an IFERROR formula to search through all of the tabs to return how many hours it took to complete the task. What we need help with is how do I get C2 to change color if C2 is within 1 hour or more than B2.

For Example:
If a task is estimated to take 4 hours, but it took 3 or more hours to complete, C2 on the MASTER tab should turn red.

I've always done okay at trying to figure out general formulas, but have never been able to get the hang of conditional formatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Re: Conditional Formatting Help

Conditional formatting formulas are general formulas that just return a true or false result. Its hard to guess but something like:

=C2+1>=B2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back