Conditional Formatting

Fyldeboy

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I don't usually have a problem with this for my simple needs, but this has got me beat.

1603638284009.png

The value in C48 is a date, 44526 in this case.

I want to apply conditional formatting to the entire range a47:q56 if the displayed value is less than 8

In my head, text and value convert the 44526 in this case to a 1, but I can't get the conditional formatting to change the formatting.

1603638662800.png

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Get rid of the outer quotes & just use one set of quotes around "dd", you're also missing a closing bracket before the <

Upvote 0
Thanks, That didn't seem to have any effect, so I'm trying a different way, which 'sort of' works.

1603662218372.png

1603662432469.png

To simplify the formatting, cell A46 now has the numerical value of the date in cell u49
If that number is over 6, the whole range above should be greyed out - why just selected cells?
I guessed a49:a56 and c47:w47 because they have pre-existing formatting - but I cleared all formatting from the range to no effect

Upvote 0
Only cells that have a value greater than 6 will be highlighted, with that formula.
What exactly are you trying to do?

Upvote 0
Only cells that have a value greater than 6 will be highlighted, with that formula.
What exactly are you trying to do?
Trying to get the whole range formatted depending on the value of A46. C49 for example is 100% blank - but formatted how I want it because A46 is higher than 6

Upvote 0
With the formula you have shown C49 is NOT getting formatted because of the value in A46. Maybe you have other CF rules that are causing that?
If you want to format the entire range just lock the A46 in the formula.

Upvote 0
I'm grateful for your time trying to help, but still no luck.
I have cleared all formatting (except number format, which isn't affected by CF) from the block of 12 cells below "Mon 07", so what is stopping them having the desired formatting
I've changed the source cell to $A$46 (13) and as that is over 6, everything A47:W56 should be formatted. I can sort of understand that the pale blue or brown formats might over-write the CF, though I'm not convinced that is the case. There is NO OTHER conditional formatting for a47:w56.

1603668243095.png

1603667946080.png

Upvote 0
You need to remove the quotes from the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back