Conditional Formatting?

tjc154

I have data in two columns (N and O) on my worksheet. Column N is setup with conditional formatting to change the cell color based on the value in the cell. The three options for column N are Not Started, Work in Progress, and Completed. These are setup as a Data Validation List.

<style type="text/css">
table.tableizer-table {border: 1px solid #CCC; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;} .tableizer-table td {padding: 4px; margin: 3px; border: 1px solid #ccc;}
.tableizer-table th {background-color: #104E8B; color: #FFF; font-weight: bold;}
</style>

<table class="tableizer-table">
<tr class="tableizer-firstrow"><th>Site Status</th><th>% Complete</th></tr> <tr><td>Not Started</td><td>6%</td></tr> <tr><td>In Progress</td><td>4%</td></tr> <tr><td>Complete</td><td>100%</td></tr></table>

I want to automate the selection of the value in Column N if the value in Column O is greater than 0%.

For example, if cell 06 = 1% thru 99%, it will populate Work in Progress in cell N6. If cell 06 = 100% it will populate Completed in Cell N6.

The main thing I do not want to do is change the conditional formatting for the colors or the data validation values.

Is another conditional format the way to go about this?

Thanks,

Tom

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I have data in two columns (N and O) on my worksheet. Column N is setup with conditional formatting to change the cell color based on the value in the cell. The three options for column N are Not Started, Work in Progress, and Completed. These are setup as a Data Validation List.

<STYLE type=text/css>
table.tableizer-table {border: 1px solid #CCC; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;} .tableizer-table td {padding: 4px; margin: 3px; border: 1px solid #ccc;}
.tableizer-table th {background-color: #104E8B; color: #FFF; font-weight: bold;}
</STYLE>

<TABLE class=tableizer-table>
<TBODY><TR class=tableizer-firstrow><TH>Site Status</TH><TH>% Complete</TH></TR><TR><TD>Not Started</TD><TD>6%</TD></TR><TR><TD>In Progress</TD><TD>4%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Complete</TD><TD>100%</TD></TR>
</TABLE>

I want to automate the selection of the value in Column N if the value in Column O is greater than 0%.

For example, if cell 06 = 1% thru 99%, it will populate Work in Progress in cell N6. If cell 06 = 100% it will populate Completed in Cell N6.

The main thing I do not want to do is change the conditional formatting for the colors or the data validation values.

Is another conditional format the way to go about this?

Thanks,

Tom
OK, but what should trigger the "Not Started" option?

Upvote 0
Sorry, a value of 0% in column O would populate the "Not Started" selection in column N.

Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back