Conditional Formatting

smarie123

I know this is probably simple, but my brain is totally fried...
I have master spreadsheet with several data validation elements pulling from hidden worksheets. A snapshot of one of those worksheets is below

-- removed inline image ---

The option on the master worksheet is for people to select one of these employees from a dropdown menu. When an employee is elected all the information to the right is auto populated on the master. The final column where you see "SC" I a new addition. What I need is when someone selects an employee that has SC n that column the name needs to turn another color. I know it's something with conditional formatting I just can't ever figure out which rule it should be.

Hope this made some sense!! THANKS!!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
The trick to working with conditional formatting is that you need to write a formula that resolves to either TRUE or FALSE.

For example =A1=10 will resolve to TRUE if A1=10 and will resolve to FALSE if A1 is any other number

Highlight the cells you want to format and type the formula that resolves the problem you describe.

An easy way to test your formula is to type it into a cell to see if it gives the desired result.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back