Conditional Formatting

nathanmav

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone i have a conditional formatting formula it change color when the status of a document is "A or B = white, C = Red, UR = Orange & NS or For Signature= Dark Orange".
My problem is the status C it will change the color when i enter B but how can i remove the color if i did not change the status instead i refer it to other reference which is approve.

Apologies if my explanation is not clear.. kindly check my attached sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6RmsSizixYMbnhaTFZXVWtIbHM/view?usp=sharing.thanks hope someone help me to figure out this problem.. again thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi,

It looks like you are missing ... say the letter D in your Legend, to account for these special cases ...

Should you have to keep the letter C ... you need to have an additional condition to be able to identity these special cases from the others ...

Upvote 0
thanks for your reply. no i did not miss that in may legend. My Legend only is "A, B, C, UR & NS" i have a formula in the conditional formatting but i cant figure how to do it. and also the counter must be equal in the status. like in the sample i attached. thank you again!

Upvote 0
The question you need to answer is the following :

Among all C items ... what differentiates those items which need to be white ...???

Upvote 0
Status C meaning Revise or Rejected that need to resubmit again. those white color meaning that they are all approved and close but there are some cases that some status C is need to be close which is i refer to those reference with the status A or B (Approve or Close). The Status C will become white color if i resubmit again with the same reference number.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
your awesome james006 i will try in my original file.. yes that total is based on the status.. thank you very much!

Upvote 0
Glad this is helping you out ...

Thanks for your thanks ...

Cheers

Upvote 0
It is a bit of a surprise to see that your initial sample does not seem to be fully in line with sample 2 ...

The calculation regarding C items is based on the number of Unique Request Nos ... in order to determine the number of C items which are duplicates ...

Attached is Version 2 ... Wikisend: free file sharing service

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back