Conditional Formula Needed

Dsheaff

I need the action identified below to take place only if the value posted to cell AK8 appearing on the Worksheet identified as "QC Summary Rail" is equal to or greater than 1. Otherwise, the recipient cell is to remain blank.

='Candidate Selection'!P4

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Try:
=IF('QC Summary Rail'!AK8>=1,'Candidate Selection'!P4,"")

Upvote 0
Thanks... It works. However, I'd like to try this one more time. The formula needs to be a bit more restrictive/selective. If you would please, I'd like to see the following logic as it would appear in both of the formulas below.

I need the actions identified below to take place only if the value posted to cell O8 on the worksheet identified as QC W Beam equals 1 and if the value appearing in cell I7 on the same worksheet is equal to "GUARDRAIL REPAIR (W BEAM & THRIE BEAM)"

=IF('QC W Beam'!M200="X",'QC W Beam'!G199,"")

='QC W Beam'!M335

Again... yout help is greatly appreciated. I believe I was asleep at the wheel when I structured my initial request.

Dave

Upvote 0
You can use multiple conditions by using the AND function.
The structure of that would look like this:
=IF(AND(condition1, condition2),what to return if TRUE,what to return if FALSE)

So armed with this new knowledge, and what I showed you in my initial reply, you should be able to figure this out.
I am going to let you try that yourself. If you run into issues, post the formula you tried, and we will help you fix it up.

Upvote 0
Help... I'm afraid I'm turned in the tunnel

=IF(AND('QC W Beam'!O8=1,('QC W Beam'I7="GUARDRAIL REPAIR (W BEAM & THRIE BEAM)",'QC W Beam'!M200="X",'QC W Beam'!G199,"")

Upvote 0
Maybe you want the following ... you've missed some "punctuation".

Code:
 =IF(AND('QC W Beam'!O8=1,'QC W Beam'!I7="GUARDRAIL REPAIR (W BEAM & THRIE BEAM)",'QC W Beam'!M200="X"),'QC W Beam'!G199,"")

Upvote 0
kweaver,
I think you are missing the ")" closing out the AND clause. It should be:
Rich (BB code):
=IF(AND('QC W Beam'!O8=1,'QC W Beam'!I7="GUARDRAIL REPAIR (W BEAM & THRIE BEAM)",'QC W Beam'!M200="X"),'QC W Beam'!G199,"")

Upvote 0
=IF(AND('QC W Beam'!O8=1,'QC W Beam'!I7="GUARDRAIL REPAIR (W & THRIE BEAM)",'QC W Beam'!M30="X"),'QC W Beam'!G29,"")

I modified it slightly....I originally misrepresented a portion of the formula...I changed (W BEAM & THRIE BEAM) to (W & THRIE BEAM) and placed the formula in a cell where I knew there should be a return. When entered, no error messages were received, however, the recipient cell in which it was posted remained blank. All of the conditions are met but there should have been a return. I'm wondering about the last portion of the formula.... 'QC W Beam'!M30="X"),'QC W Beam'!G29,"")... Originally, When it stood by itself with no conditions it was preceded with =IF and returned the expected data to the recipient cell in which it was posted.

Help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back