Conditional Merge

LINUS_MAASTOK

Good evening everyone, I had a question ... btw, excuse my bad english:

I have a couple of tables, CONTRIBUTION and BILLING, which have an "ID" field with which I relate them (the relationship between the tables is * (CONTRIBUTION) -> 1 (BILLING)), as well as a CONSUMPTION (numeric) field , a CONSUMPTION_PERIOD (numeric) field and a DATE (date) field with which it is possible to see what contribution was successfully billed.

To see what contribution was billed i make a Merge Table (Inner) between both tables, relating identical ID, CONSUMPTION and CONSUMPTION_PERIOD, which gave me a momentary valid Merge table.

Now I have been informed that there are contributions that can be billed with a margin of + - 5 in the CONSUMPTION field, that is, they should be able to join with an identical ID, an identical CONSUMPTION_PERIOD, variable DATE and CONSUMPTION with a margin of + -5 of variation

My question is, how can I make a table (like te merge table) that relates the CONSUMPTION in a specific range?

Thanks in advance :) <3 <3 <3

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
First, what is the +/- variation calculated upon if there are multiple values? Min, Max, Average, fixed?

Assuming you're doing this in Power Query, try:

1. Remove the Consumption field from the merge so that all consumption values for the specific ID and Period are joined
2. Create a temporary column with the absolute variance (absolute or percentage) based on whatever the formula is.
3. Filter only the rows that are within the +/- variance
4. Delete the temporary column

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back