Conditional Problem

DalPai

Hello all!

Let me try to explain my problem...

I created a standard milestone list for my projects. There are 11 milestones in total.

The milestone that most impacts is "(10) Capex Validation & Request",so in my database I have a column that indicates whether or not the project has the Capex milestone.

If a project has Capex, it is only considered converted if the Milestone "(10) Capex Validation & Request" is 100%.

If the project has no Capex, it is considered converted when the Milestone "(09) Product Techical Validation" is 100%

How do I create this conditional? Any thoughts?

Example

Best Regards,

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I came up with a solution using the formula below. But is there any more practical way?

Code:
=SE([@MILESTONES]="";"";SE([@[REQUIRES CAPEX?]]="X";SE(CONT.SES(MILESTONES!A:A;[@['#]];MILESTONES!E:E;"(10) Capex Validation & Request";MILESTONES!H:H;1);"X";"");SE(CONT.SES(MILESTONES!A:A;[@['#]];MILESTONES!E:E;"(09) Product Techical Validation";MILESTONES!H:H;1);"X";"")))

Upvote 0
Try this:

=IF([MILESTONES]="","",IF(COUNTIFS(MILESTONES!A:A,['#],MILESTONES!H:H,1,MILESTONES!E:E,IF([REQUIRES CAPEX?]="X","(10) Capex Validation & Request","(09) Product Techical Validation")),"X",""))

I tried to translate according to your formula:

=SE([MILESTONES]="";"";SE(CONT.SES(MILESTONES!A:A;['#];MILESTONES!H:H;1;MILESTONES!E:E;SE([REQUIRES CAPEX?]="X";"(10) Capex Validation & Request";"(09) Product Techical Validation"));"X";""))

If you put columns A, E and H in a named range, it could be simplified like this:

=SE([MILESTONES]="","",SE(CONT.SES(col_A,['#],col_H,1,col_E,SE([REQUIRES CAPEX?]="X","(10) Capex Validation & Request","(09) Product Techical Validation")),"X",""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back