Conditional text orientation

jlumme

I am wondering if its possible to change the text orientation when a cells that are grouped are minimized/maximized.
Basically I have merged several vertical cells and have the text orientation for those cells as "90" degrees. Now these rows are grouped, and if I minimize the grouping, the text no longer works nicely.
Below, find an image of the problem. I would like the DV1 orientation become "normal 0 degrees" in this case - is this possible ?

Drrellik

If I understand you, the cell formatting, alignment is 90 degrees and in the case of the D DV1 it looks like Wrap Text is on.

I don't think you can have the formatting changed automatically back to normal based solely on minimizing or maximizing the cells.

you will have to actually change the cells formatting

jlumme

Hi Drrellik,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed the text wrapping is on - if it would not be, the text on the top cell would just become "D".
My question was indeed if there was for example some VBS magic one could do about the text alignment depending if a cell has space to render the text or not..

Drrellik

Perhaps with VBA the text alignment could be "0"ed when the cell height / width changed below a certain point to try and keep the text readable but that is above my abilities at this point.

ISY

Board Regular
Simply

Cell format
Text at the head

And adapt the height of the cell without vba

jlumme

Simply

Cell format
Text at the head

And adapt the height of the cell without vba
ISY, I don't really understand your suggestion, what does "Text at the head" mean ? Are you saying just make the the cell height bigger ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damntheman30

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...