Conditional Text

rjbinney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I want to do the opposite of Conditional Formatting.

I have a huge table with a ton of criteria and Conditional Formatting that makes it look just so.

Trouble is, there are a number of folks (myself included) whose color-blindness makes CF hard to see sometimes.

So I'd like to add a helper column - if the font in the cell next to it is green, I want an up arrow; if it's red, a down arrow. And if it's nothing else, it's blank.
(The red/green determination is the result of an AND formula looking at three other criteria - so to write the IF/THEN formula to fill the cell with an arrow is nutso.... So I was hoping I could insert an IF Formula that inserted the text based on the color/result of the CF work.)

No biggie if I can't... Just...

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Fraid it's not possible, formulae cannot see cell formatting.
You will need a formula that uses the same rules as the CF.

Upvote 0
SORRY,
This will not work with CF,
couldn't delete it as I had just clicked "Save"

Hi,
This may be a bit late but I just spotted an older thread (which was a bit of a revelation to me as I didn't realise it existed until today) you can possibly use Get.Cell to find the colour number and the CF on the number
There is an explanation here:-
Can you count colors?
see post #9

Looking down the list, I think you will need item 24 for the font colour.
This is from Excel 4, I have tried it on version 2019 and it works, not tried to on 365

Upvote 0
Unfortunately Get.Cell does not see conditional format colour, only the physical colour.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I had tried playing with all that and got nowhere. About 90-95 percent of the time I love CF, and the rest of the time it maddens me.

On an unrelated note - anyone know of a board similar to Mr. Excel but for Access?

Upvote 0
Why not use the Access section here Microsoft Access
Because... Because.... Because....

(I had half a dozen smart comments that are hysterical said out loud that don't translate to internet).

Suffice to say I have the "Excel Forum" bookmarked and didn't know the Access forum was even there... (I accidentally found myself in a different Excel forum a few weeks back... Nowhere near as helpful!)

OK, now that you called my bluff. I need to figure out how to ask my Access questions intelligently.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back