Conditionally Incrementing a cell by 1 (day) for stock control program

peteprp

Hi, I would really appreciate some help with the above
Currently, I have the following:
Total Stock used
The (project) Start Date
Average Stock Usage per month is then calculated by using Total Stock Used / Months using DATEDIF (today's date minus start date) in months.
This works fine but, to give an exaggerated example, what if the product is out of stock for 6 months in the year, the Average Stock Usage/month is now effectively halved. BTW, re-order levels are based on Actual Stock Usage per month.
To get a more accurate Average Stock Usage/month, I thought of adding a column labeled ‘Actual Months with Stock’. This column would have a formula/function as follows:
If ‘Total Stock on hand’ is > than zero, add 1 (day) to this column, which will then be divided by 30.42 to give ‘Actual Months with Stock’.
If Total Stock on hand is = to zero, do not add 1 (day) to this column.
It is important that this automatic increment of 1 (day) based on the above condition should occur for every day whether the workbook is left open overnight or not accessed for several days or opened and closed several times a day.
Another big advantage to using this conditional formula/function would be that if a new product were added to the stock list, say 12 months after the start date, my current DATEDIF calculation above would give a totally erroneous Average Stock Usage per month.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back