Conditionnal Formatting - I guess this is easy !

ibanana

Board Regular
Hi guys !

I have a sheet with percentage on the top and countries on the left. I would like to format the cells so it shows green/red arrows depending whether the percentage is greater or less than the previous month.

How can I do this?

Thanks !

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Basically it is like this

Jan Feb March ....

USA 5% 10% 2%
Uk 15% 25% 1%

I would like an arrow up from Jan to Feb for USa and down from Feb to March in USa, etc

Upvote 0
with a helper column you could add formula then do conditional formats for the color

Sheet1

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 31px"><COL style="WIDTH: 33px"><COL style="WIDTH: 33px"><COL style="WIDTH: 14px"><COL style="WIDTH: 29px"><COL style="WIDTH: 14px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">1</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> </TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Jan</TD><TD>Feb</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">2</TD><TD>USA</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">5%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">10%</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #339966; COLOR: #ffffff">↑</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">2%</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff0000; COLOR: #ffffff">↓</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">3</TD><TD>UK</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">15%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">25%</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #339966; COLOR: #ffffff">↑</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">1%</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff0000; COLOR: #ffffff">↓</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffcf9; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #00ff00"><TBODY><TR><TD>Spreadsheet Formulas</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><TD>Cell</TD><TD>Formula</TD></TR><TR><TD>C2</TD><TD>=10%</TD></TR><TR><TD>D2</TD><TD>=IF(C2>B2,"↑","↓")</TD></TR><TR><TD>F2</TD><TD>=IF(E2>C2,"↑","↓")</TD></TR><TR><TD>D3</TD><TD>=IF(C3>B3,"↑","↓")</TD></TR><TR><TD>F3</TD><TD>=IF(E3>C3,"↑","↓")</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel tables to the web >> http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/index.php?f=1" target="_blank"> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Upvote 0
Thanks but I'd like the arrows within the cell, I have tried the conditionnal formatting but can;t find out the compare to previous month function

How do I attach a picture here, I want to show you what I mean

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back