Confused with X,Y chart

swaink

Hi All

I have a colleague who needs a little help. He has been asked to produce an x,y chart.

All of the series names are in cells B1:K1, in row 2 are one set of values (x) then in row 3 a further set of values (y).

However whilst we can see the values in the chart he now needs to show the series name unfortunately when we do this it displays all of the series names in range B1:K1 for each data value.

For example B1 = Series A, B2 = X value, C1 = Y value.
The Chart shows "Series A Series B Series C etc X,Y

Is anyone able to advise how we may change this to only show the repective series name for that particular set of X,Y values

Help Appreciated

Regards

Kevin

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
If what you want to accomplish is to label the data point in column B with the text in cell B1, and the data point from column C with the text in cell C1, etc... Then try the "XY Chart Labeler" addin, found here. If that's not what you're after, I have misunderstood your problem. If you can post an example, either with one of the "display your chart on the board" utilities or by including a link to an image hosted at (for example) Flickr or some other public file server, that would help.

Upvote 0
Hi Gardnertoo

Many thanks for the reply I have checked out the link and this looks to be what I need

Thank you

Kevin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back