Consolidate Data Automatically

PRADEEPSWALSE

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I need help in consolidating data in excel.

In my case, Consolidated data is not updating if I delete or modify input sheet.

Case 1: If I newly add information in cell ‘B5’ in ‘Input sheet’ then in ‘Consolidated Data’ sheet, cell ‘D7’ is not updating automatically. Cell ‘D7’ shall show value as ‘4000’ because cell ‘B3’ and ‘B5’ are same.

Case 2: If I modify cell ‘B4’ same as ‘B2’ in ‘Input sheet’ then in ‘Consolidated Data’ sheet, cell ‘D5’ is not updating automatically.

Request to please suggest solution for this problem.

I have not found option to attach my sample excel file. So I have attached snap shots of both sheets.

Regards,
Pradeep S. Walse

Attachments

• Input sheet.PNG
    Input sheet.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Consolidated Data.PNG
    Consolidated Data.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 28

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Do you have your Calculation Options set to AUTOMATIC ?

Upvote 0
Hi Pradeep,

Why not use an alternative like SUMIF(S), pivot table or Power Query? If it is 1 input sheet then I'd use a table to store the data and a pivot to "consolidate".
1590310977806.png

It data can be on multiple sheets, I'd use PQ to combine all sheets in a single table. Many great and easy to follow tutorials are available on the web.

Tip, to share data/worksheets, you can use the XL2BB add-on (if possible). Updating your profile with your Office version and OS also helps us in providing better help. e.g. PQ is only for windows users and for Office 2010 or later.

Upvote 0
hI
Hi Pradeep,

Why not use an alternative like SUMIF(S), pivot table or Power Query? If it is 1 input sheet then I'd use a table to store the data and a pivot to "consolidate".
View attachment 14575

It data can be on multiple sheets, I'd use PQ to combine all sheets in a single table. Many great and easy to follow tutorials are available on the web.

Tip, to share data/worksheets, you can use the XL2BB add-on (if possible). Updating your profile with your Office version and OS also helps us in providing better help. e.g. PQ is only for windows users and for Office 2010 or later.
HI
Hi Pradeep,

View attachment 14575

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion.
I have used PIVOT table. It resolve my problem.
I have summary (Pivot) on another sheet and input in first sheet. If I change input data on first sheet, Pivot table is not updating automatically.
I searched it on google and tried with these code but it is not working in my case. After adding this code, I saved this file with .xlsm extension.

Attaching sample file for ready reference by using XL2BB (Doing first time).

Test_123_MACRO.xlsm
C
Sheet1

Can you please help me for this issue?

Regards,
Pradeep

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back