Consolidate Data in Excel; Payroll

smudgedwhiteink

Hello!

I am updating a payroll document that we use for the company that I work for.

Right now, we have multiple documents that we "carry" numbers around to suit the needs of different departments. I would like a more efficient system where I only have to enter the numbers once, and they function the way that they are supposed to for all needs.

My Workbook has a tab for every employee (app. 25) (Indicated in my template with (Last Name, First Name). The worksheet is set up so that all pay period data stays with that employees tab, and we continuously add to it as needed. As you can see by my image below.. there is a visual of one pay period. If I wanted to add another pay period... I would copy a template pay period 2 rows below on Row 39, change dates so that they reflect the accurate information for that pay period, and begin entering...

Once I have added pay period information for every employee, I would like the data to "consolidate" so that there is a list with the headers (as seen in image 2 "QR Payroll" tab): Employee Name which can be pulled from C8 on every worksheet, Rate of Pay which can be pulled from C16 on every worksheet, Project which can be manually entered (so therefore left blank on the "consolidation," Total Regular Hours which can be found in Column H, but differing rows depending on PP, Total OT Hours which can be found in Column I, but differing rows depending on PP, and total Pay which can be found in Column N, but differing rows depending on the PP.
Screenshot_Payroll_zps5b1c241f.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot_PayrollConsolidation_zps2e906a01.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Please keep in mind that The QR Payroll Tab can be saved externally every payperiod and all information can be loaded into it each payperiod.

I would prefer not to use macros for this so if there is a way to do it with just formulas, it would be more effective in the company I work in.

I have more questions... but I will start here. Hopefully someone has the patience to help me out!

Thank-You!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I would solve this like this (if possible).

Make just 1 sheet for all days and all employees.

Then you are able to make a pivot table of your data (with just a few helpcolumns to determine the pay-period).

You don't want to use macro or you are not allowed to use macro?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back