Consolidate Identical Workbooks

Cmacvp16

I have 190 workbooks with an identical summary sheet that tracks the number of steps each employee logs on their walking journal.

How can I consolidate these 190 workbooks into a master file?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Sounds like a stock task, you may want to try searching the web (as well as this site). When you are done you should have various techniques to consider.

You also need to consider how the consolidation is to be 'driven', do you want the 190 users to click on a 'Send My Sheet' button, and do the copy and paste? Or, do you want to sit down and click a "Gather Sheets" button on your end? Or, do you want to open a workbook and have it automatically go out and gather the sheets?

Or.....do you want an Workbook_Open, or a BeforeClose macro to test for a particular time/date, and if True, send off the sheet?

What about timestamps? How about any =Today() cell functions? You will need to copy and Paste-Special to lock the dates if you want to freeze them.

How do the end-users want this to happen? Automatically? Is there a need to revise sheets?

The more you can flesh out the project, the more our members here can offer advice as to implementing your plan.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. I want to gather the worksheets into a master file that I will import to Access for some basic reporting. Currently I am collecting the 190 workbooks and need the data from the summary worksheet in each workbook.

I apologize for my lack of experience in writing code or having advanced application development experience.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back