Consolidate

rich987652

I have a workbook with 5 worksheets, one for each of the past 5 years. I have used the Consolidate function from the Data menu to produce a total worksheet. This has provided me with the details I require and it has grouped the 5 individual amounts onto each line as expected. However, I want to be able to drill down the grouping to see the figures for each year on any line easily.

However, if I drill down then each cell in the left column is blank. Ideally I wish to have these cells populated with the worksheet names that the data has come from. Any idea of how I can do this? I can copy and paste but this will take a fair amount of time as it is a large worksheet.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Hope I've explained myself clearly enough.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
My solution would be to put all data into a single worksheet or Access table, add a "Year" column, and use AutoFilter or Pivot Table etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back